I assume there will be no further sale for this game, after the "Games to help you stay inside" discount? (Maybe this time a bit longer than before.)
The Rainsdowne Players
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
A creativity-driven RPG about a rundown theatre and pleasing its unruly clientele.
Nobody said that opening a theatre on the wrong side of the river was going to be easy! The roof may be leaking, and the audience may be armed to the teeth, but nothing is going to stop the Rainsdowne Players from becoming the premier (and only!) theatre troupe in town!
- Correctly handle 'friendly encouragement' from your audience, in the form of thrown bottles, tomatoes and even the occasional fish.
- Collect inspiration cards from the audience, and combine them to concoct new plays to please the pickier customers.
- Hang out with a homeless cat who likes board games.
- Convince the ticket desk clerk not to leave her dead end job.
- Survive a boss battle in the form of several hundred disinterested schoolchildren.
- Plays like if Paper Mario and Majora's Mask had a child, but the father was secretly Rhythm Tengoku.
The Rainsdowne Players is an RPG about winning hearts and minds. Explore the town of Rainsdowne and get to know the peculiar inhabitants, all of whom may have a particular play they want to see, even if they don't realise it yet! Gather inspiration in the form of cards and use it to build the narrative of your next show, but it's never quite that simple and whether dodging projectiles or surviving a sword fight, you've got to actually make it through the performance in one piece!
A note from the Rainsdowne Tourist Board:
Due to a faulty and irreversible weather charm several hundred years ago, the town of Rainsdowne does get an awful lot of rain, but don't let that dampen your spirits! There's lots to see and do around town:
- Try and sink some questionably depicted pirates at the cannon range.
- Take part in our lively card battling scene. There's always a tournament running.
- Enjoy some surprisingly relaxing fishing by the docks.
- Enjoy some surprisingly non-relaxing yoga in the park.
- Take to the stage at the Royal Flush bar, which was definitely not a public washroom only a few weeks ago.
Also available on Nintendo Switch!
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Heya, normally go on sale whenever Steam sales roll around. Currently on sale for Nintendo Switch for the next week!
any hints on the card right after the dream? it's the last one i'm missing :(
I'm starting to forget the specifics myself, but I believe it's at the card shop after hours.
Can't remember if it requires you to be a specific character... Let me know if you still can't find it and I'll have to dig in the game code!
(Somebody please make an FAQ!)
Mac version won't run. "Bad CPU type in executable”.
Ah, I think the Mac version might be 32 bit due to the version of Gamemaker it's made in... So recent MacOS changes blocking older apps from running anymore might have killed it :(
I'll investigate more later.
Any plans for a Linux release? :)
There's too many good things going with The Rainsdowne Players. Yet it still hits me that it's hard to find any information about it or people playing it. It's on Steam and on Switch, and even then, it's more than likely that it's made it past all of your radars. I propose taking it for a spin, as it's a game unlike anything you've played before.
While it's rough around the edges and with plenty of things not very clear, it has a lot of charm and soul, with plenty of things to collect, combinations to try, and some truly brilliant moments.
I'll be sharing the fanart I made for it not long ago, because why not? Looking forward to more works from Steve and co!
I checked out the Rainsdowne Players for this week's episode of my show #1Game1Minute! For anyone who is considering buying this game, this'll hopefully give you a good run-through of it.